Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinetis security fails

Jump to solution
okaner
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am trying to secure kinetis k10 microcontroller. Normally my project works without any problem. If I enable the security option from processor expert, my code does not work. The only thing that I do is enableing the security checkbox below. Probably my code does not start. Any suggestion please...

Okan,

1.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Okan,

Are you trying to program or to debug it?

If you just program the board (You can try with Flash file to target in CodeWarrior, the blue thunder icon) it should work.

Regards,

Santiago

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Okan,

what are you using for downloading it to the target? E.g. if you use Segger, make sure you use the device with (allow security) listed.

Erich

0 Kudos
okaner
Contributor III

Hi Erich,

I use PE Micro multilink. You can find the programmer logs below. I realized that at the bottom of log it is written that "Device is secured. Erasing ...". It says "Erasing" at the end, is it normal.

Starting 3rd party flash programming...

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : STARTUP, Entry : SPECIFY_NETWORKCARD_ENABLED, Value : 0, R) => DI_OK

INF: Copyright 2012 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.

INF: Command Line :"C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\eclipse\..\MCU\bin\de.exe" -noni -language en -ORBendPoint giop:tcp:127.0.0.1: -ORBtraceLevel 0

INF: CMD>RE

INF: Initializing.

INF: Target has been RESET and is active.

INF: CMD>CM C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU\bin\Plugins\support\arm\gdi\P&E\k10dx128m7_pflash_dflash_eeprom_pipeline.arp

INF: Initialized.

INF: ;version 1.04, 02/04/2014, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [mk_128k_dx_pflash_dflash_eeprom_p1_pipeline]

INF: ;device freescale, k10dx128m7, desc=pflash_dflash_eeprom_pipeline

INF: ;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$14000800, ram=$20000000

INF: Loading programming algorithm ...

INF: Done.

INF: CMD>PA 3601

INF: Started.

INF: CMD>EM

INF: Erasing.

INF: Module has been erased.

INF: Initialized.

INF: ;version 1.04, 02/04/2014, Copyright P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [mk_128k_dx_pflash_dflash_eeprom_p1_pipeline]

INF: ;device freescale, k10dx128m7, desc=pflash_dflash_eeprom_pipeline

INF: ;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$14000800, ram=$20000000

INF: Loading programming algorithm ...

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : PEDEBUG, Entry : DO_PRESERVE_PARTITIONING, Value : 0, R) => DI_ERR_NONFATAL

GDI: Mtwks Callback(MTWKS_CB_PROJECTACCESS, Section : PEDEBUG, Entry : DO_PARTITIONING, Value : 1, R) => DI_OK

INF: CMD>PM

INF: Programming.

INF: Processing Object File Data ...

INF: .

INF: Programmed.

INF: CMD>VC

INF: Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...

INF:    block 00000000-000001BB ...

INF: Ok.

INF:    block 00000400-0000D54B ...

INF: Ok.

INF:    Checksum Verification Successful. (Cumulative CRC-16=$449C)

INF: CMD>RE

INF: Device is Secure.

INF: Device is secured. Erasing ...

INF: Target has been RESET and is active.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, this is normal, if you have secured the device before.

Erich

0 Kudos
okaner
Contributor III

Do you have any suggestion to try. Next monday I will give my products to customers :smileyhappy: I dont want to give them without security.

0 Kudos
trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Okan,

I've found an interesting post on community which can may be help you.

Re: K10 custom board

This post refers to 2 ANs:

How (not) to Secure my Microcontroller | MCU on Eclipse

Device is secure? | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this will help.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
okaner
Contributor III

Dear Pascal,

Thank you for your reply. Actually I dont have problem with programming my board. If I program my board with unsecure device settings, I have no problem and my board works well. If I choose to secure mcu from processor expert and program my device, my board does not work. I made a simple LED blinking project to test it. You can see the source code at previous image. I tested at different boards, same result. Thank you again.

Okan,

0 Kudos
santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Okan,

Are you trying to program or to debug it?

If you just program the board (You can try with Flash file to target in CodeWarrior, the blue thunder icon) it should work.

Regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos
okaner
Contributor III

Dar Santiago,

Thank you very much for your answer. Actually I was not debugging but using "run as" to program the mcu. Programming with thunder icon worked.

Okan,

runas.png

okaner
Contributor III

Dear Erich,

I made a new just LED blinking project. Normally it works fine. After securing, it does not blink. I really dont know why.

Okan,

0 Kudos
okaner
Contributor III

you can find my project settings for security at below,

ledBlink.png

0 Kudos