cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinetis - Lost data internal eeprom

igor_g
Contributor I

Dear all, 

I would like to know  which could be the reason to lost data in internal eeprom (MK10DX32VLH5) . 

Could be not to use a RTC or because of power loss in a critical moment?

Until now I had never had  this problems but the client informed me that some devices lost data stored in eeprom.

Note: The write is very sporadic and made by the user with scada.

Igor

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

At first, we need to avoid using the incorrect Flash module driver with incorrect Flash operation.

Customer could download MK10DX32VLH5 related Flash driver from here.

And it also need to check before FlexNVM EEPROM operation need to check FTFL_FCNFG register [EEERDY] bit is set.

If internal EEPROM operation without any problem and customer could get the correct data with the same software code.

The internal EEPROM lost data could happen when the EEPROM writes beyond the write endurance.

Customer need to check the EEPROM write frequency and if there exists above situation.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos