Where is the CodeWarrior 10.3 for Linux?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the CodeWarrior 10.3 for Linux?

Jump to solution
andyscout
Contributor I

I noticed that CodeWarrior version 10.3 is release for windows now , but I can't find CW10.3 for linux now in the website of Freescale.

I asked the commerial support, it said that 10.3 is not supported for linux. 

I may ask why ? and will there be CW10.3 for linux?

1 Solution
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

I'm afraid CodeWarrior 10.3 will not be supported under Linux OS, the main reason is we have decided to focus in improving the overall functionality of the software under the Windows environment, and since our Linux customer base is  quite reduced we have decided not to include Linux support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
apanecatl
Senior Contributor II

I'm afraid CodeWarrior 10.3 will not be supported under Linux OS, the main reason is we have decided to focus in improving the overall functionality of the software under the Windows environment, and since our Linux customer base is  quite reduced we have decided not to include Linux support.

0 Kudos
bikenomad
Contributor III

Given that the bulk of the CW 10.3 product is more or less platform agnostic (that is, the IDE itself (Eclipse) is written in Java and the compilers should be platform-independent), most of the improvements for "overall functionality" would also improve the experience under Linux.

What, then, would be platform specific? I can think of only two:

• Debug/Trace pod drivers
  • Copy protection

Of course, Freescale would have additional testing requirements for the Linux version, but it's not as if they were doing a great job with this anyway (on Linux or Windows), judging by the number of bugs we reported the last time we used CW and MQX on a project.