What are the differences between revisions of KM controllers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between revisions of KM controllers?

charlespalmer
Contributor I

Where can I find documentation of the differences between the revisions of these chips? e.g. MKM14Z128CHH5 and MKM14Z128ACHH5

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charles,

MCU version MKM14Z128ACHH5 is the second revision of the KM silicon (first one is MKM14Z128CHH5). More detailed information can be found in the datasheet (MKMxxZxxACxx5RM).

Best regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos

charlespalmer
Contributor I

Hi Pavel

I have searched the datasheet for "revision", "version" and the like and cannot see any section that explains the differences. The errata does not explain either.

The reason I ask is that Digikey stock the MKM14Z128CHH5 and not the MKM14Z128ACHH5 so I will use the MKM14Z128CHH5 for prototypes - but would like to understand if there are differences that I need to be aware of. Can anyone direct me explicitly to a description of differences?

Thanks - Regards - Charles

0 Kudos

pavel_krenek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charles,

there are not any differences in functionality between MKM14Z128CHH5 and MKM14Z128ACHH5. Both are the same only the second one is based on the new revision of the silicon that means if the silicon MKM14Z128CHH5 includes some bugs in the second revision MKM14Z128ACHH5 has to be fixed. You can check the errata for those MCUs.

Best regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charles,

I didn't find any document describe the difference between MKM14Z128CHH5 and MKM14Z128ACHH5 directly, MKM14Z128ACHH5 is the new silicon version.

But I do the comparison between the header files and the reference manual for MKM14Z128CHH5 and MKM14Z128ACHH5.

I just find one different point: VREF_VREFH_SC

1. MKM14Z128CHH5

pastedImage_0.png

2. MKM14Z128ACHH5

pastedImage_1.png

After the comparison , the MKM14Z128ACHH5 add the VREF Second order curvature compensation function, except this, all the other modules are the same.

So, you can use MKM14Z128CHH5, just take care the Second order curvature compensation function in VREF, this chip don't have it.

Wish it helps you!

If yous still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos