cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TWR-MEM MRAM with TWR-K53N512

Jump to solution
J_Hunt
Contributor II

I am new to using the freescale architecture.

The setup I am working off is TWR-K53N512, TWR-MEM, TWR-SER, TWR-LCD.  All modules have default jumper settings except J16 on TWR-K53N512 to enable power via battery to memory.  I am working off of CodeWarrior 10.2 and got the projects from the KINETIS512_SC.zip.

I want to run the flexbus example to provide an example of how to interface with the MRAM.  As I understand it, the default jumper settings for both modules should allow for this project to be compiled and debugged via USB OSJTAG.

I have gotten the project to build. When I try to run debug,  I use the following settings:

Project - k53-flexbus

Application - MK53N512CMD100_INTERNAL_RAM/k53-flexbus.afx

Build Configuration: MK53N512CMD100_INTERNAL_RAM

Use workspace settings (selected)

Connection - k53-hello-world_MK53N512CMD100_INTERNAL_RAM_PnE OSJTAG

Once I hit Debug, the error I get is:

Failed to resume target process., There was an error parsing the memory configuration file: Can't open "MK53N512CMD100.mem" file  ("MK53N512CMD100.mem":20)

I am not sure if there is a problem with building it using the MK53N512CMD100_INTERNAL_RAM  realize that there probably should be a setting for MRAM, but the only options I see currently are either INTERNAL_RAM or INTERNAL_FLASH.  I am fairly certain that I am just missing something small here.

Summary questions:

What am I doing incorrectly in getting this project to run on the platform?

Where can I find the drivers for the MRAM (if they are available)?

Is there any way to measure the power used by the MRAM on the TWR-MEM?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
J_Hunt
Contributor II

Solved...

For anyone just starting out and running into this problem, all the projects in KINETIS512_SC.zip are for IAR (v6.3 in the case of the platform I'm using). Once you have IAR going, just click example projects and direct it to the KINETIS512_SC directory. Build the project and change the settings for the debugger (if not using J-Link).

Still not sure about power measurement...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
J_Hunt
Contributor II

Question continuation:

Is there a way to measure the power used by MRAM via software?

0 Kudos
J_Hunt
Contributor II

Solved...

For anyone just starting out and running into this problem, all the projects in KINETIS512_SC.zip are for IAR (v6.3 in the case of the platform I'm using). Once you have IAR going, just click example projects and direct it to the KINETIS512_SC directory. Build the project and change the settings for the debugger (if not using J-Link).

Still not sure about power measurement...

0 Kudos
khabarov
Contributor I

This problem have been solving by change line with number 20 in file "MK53N512CMD100.mem" from

usederivative "MK53N512CMD"

to

usederivative "MK53DZ10"

0 Kudos