Using FlexRAM as EEPROM on K64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FlexRAM as EEPROM on K64

aberger
Contributor V

I am using the TWR-K64F (specific chip = MK64FN1M0VMD12). This chip is listed as having no FlexNVM. As I understand it, the FlexNVM is necessary to use the FlexRAM (of which this chip has 4 kB) as EEPROM. Does the lack of FlexNVM mean that the FlexRAM on this chip is unusable as EEPROM? Or simply that there will be no EEPROM backup? And what does that imply for the write endurance of the FlexRAM?

Furthermore, are there any code examples that demonstrate use of the FlexRAM on the K64F? I have the Kinetis SDK 2.3.0, but this does not include any examples showcase the FlexRAM, and the only driver I can find is fsl_flash, which looks like it is for interacting with the program flash.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy Berger,

MK64FN1M0VMD12 don't have the EEPROM function, that's why you can't find the FlexNVM.

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to use the EEPROM, you need to select the MK64FXxxx chip, that chip have the FlexNVM, which can be used as the eeprom.

If you are using the TWR-K64 board, you can't use the EEPROM hardware function, maybe you can use the flash to simulate it, actually, just the flash, not the eeprom.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

aberger
Contributor V

So is it possible to use the 4 kB of FlexRAM on the MK64FN1M0VMD12? If so, how?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andy Berger,

4 kB FlexRAM can be used, you can define it in your linker file, just like the normal RAM usage.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos