Using FRDM-KL27Z Capacitive Touch Slider?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FRDM-KL27Z Capacitive Touch Slider?

jjlange91
Contributor I

I recently picked up a FRDM-KL27Z board and I was hoping to use the capacitive touch slider as an interface for the project I am developing.  As far as I can tell, though, it looks like none of the KL27 series parts have the Touch Sensor Interface hardware, and I haven't seen any example code for using capacitive sense on this board.  Is there a supported method for capacitive sensing on this MCU?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Josh,

As you know the KL27 doesn't have the TSI module, however the TSS library offer the GPIO low level sensing method to measure the capacitance by using the GPIO capacitive touch sensing method, and please learn the more information through the links as below.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/sensors/doc/ref_manual/TSSAPIRM.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Reference%20Manuals&WT...

Touch-Sensing Software|NXP
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos