Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB examples on FRDM-K28F not working

Jump to solution
marzl
Contributor I

Hello,

we are evaluating the FRDM-K28F for a HS USB application. But no matter what I try, I can't get USB working.

The blink example works nicely ;-)   When I try any of the other USB examples USB never is recognized. Linux lsusb does not change when I attach the USB cable to the "HS USB" port, the USB attach sound is never played. I especially tried the usb_device_cdc_vcom example. The software on the board seems to run nicely, AppTask is repeated in the main loop.
I understand, that there is at least one jumper, which has to be set right ( J53 open?)

I am using SDK_2.2_FRDM-K28F, downloaded recently.

I compared usb_device_config with the K64F project and even tried to use this file since it seems to have helped others, but no change.

Also I have the impression that USBPHYPLLCLK should be active in the configuration ( MCUXpresso config tools doesn't show it as active, but I didn't check if it was activated by some init in SW, which would make sense. Activating this clock in MCUXpresso doesn't change anything).

Does anybody have any clue what is going wrong or what else I can check?
Knowing proven good jumper setting would help too.
Or maybe there is a .bin so I can check if there is something wrong with my hw?

I feel quite a bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate any help a lot !

Thanks for your clues 8^)
Mark

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

I tried the [usb_device_cdc_vcom] demo, the FRDM-K28F J14 jumper On and J53 jumper Off.

Please check below picture:

pastedImage_1.png

After that, you could find the virtual serial port at [Computer Management] panel:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

I tried the [usb_device_cdc_vcom] demo, the FRDM-K28F J14 jumper On and J53 jumper Off.

Please check below picture:

pastedImage_1.png

After that, you could find the virtual serial port at [Computer Management] panel:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

marzl
Contributor I

Hi Ma Hui,

thanks so much for your fast response!
But unfortunately my FRDM-K28F is still not recognized by the PC as a USB device, even if I started a new copy of the example project and set the jumpers and cable as you did :-(  I hope, I didn't wreck the board somehow previously. Would you mind to send me your binary .bin of the project, please? If I understood that right I would only have to copy it to the USB-folder which appears when connecting to the debug port of the device. It would help me a lot to track the problem ;-)

Thanks again for your help!
Mark

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

Yes, please try with attached image file.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos