次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

USB Failure after reprogramming

609件の閲覧回数
danielg14
Contributor I

Hi,

We're near completion of a project using a K20 with USB. There appears to be an issue with with the USB hardware failing after repeated use. It basically will become undetectable, i.e. the reset command is never send from the computer.

We followed the component layout example provided by Freescale.

The problem seems to occur when a USB cable is connected to the USB port and we reprogram the board. Is this a known issue? Or could there be any other known potential cause of the USB port to become completely unresponsive?

This has happened on 3 - 5 boards so far.

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

507件の閲覧回数
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

First of all, sorry for the so later reply.

What kind of USB application you are using? USB device or host? And please provide the part number you are using?

We could make a dedicated test on out evaluation board.

We don't find issues with USB application when USB cable connected after Flash was re-programmed.

We prefer to add 0.1uF capacitor to VREGIN pin, which will make USB work stable.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信

507件の閲覧回数
danielg14
Contributor I

We also noticed that one some reference designs there is a cap connecting the Vreg-in to GND, and on others it is not present. Our board does not have this capacitor.

0 件の賞賛
返信