Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB CDC DEVICE PEx driver?

Jump to solution
robertmilne
Contributor I

Hi,

I have built and loaded the USB_CDC_DEVICE_MQX_Lite_MKL25Z128 project in CW10.3 for the FRDM board however I cannot communicate with the board because my PC does not recognize the "USB CDC DEVICE PEx" device.  I've looked high and low for a driver but to no avail.  Does anyone have advise on how I can get CDC working without having to use the K20 and OpenSDA?

-rob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Using this project:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2\ProcessorExpert\MKL25Z128\USB_CDC_DEVICE_MQX_Lite_MKL25Z128.zip

And this driver:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2\Source\Device\app\cdc\inf

Best Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
robertmilne
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

I did stumble upon your excellent website last night and got part way through your bare-metal FRDM CDC project before exhaustion overcame me.  I'll try again today.  One thing I noticed as I was configuring PE was the difference in the clock controls.  No "low power" option appeared and many other settings were different.  Did you use 10.3 in your tutorial?

A few hours later...

OK, I got it to work.  I had to substitute USB1... with CDC1... calls in the CDC_Run routine to get it to compile.  There were errors reported for the file FSL_USB_Stack.chg but they didn't prevent the creation of the .elf.  Your program seems more responsive than the USB_CDC_DEVICE_MQX_Lite_MKL25Z128 example app - not sure if it is the way the USB stack is configured or latencies introduced by the RTOS.  In any case thanks for leading me through Processor Expert for the first time.  I normally write everything from scratch and avoid wizard tools.

-rob

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

USB stack 4.0.2 was validated with a previous build of CW10.3. That is the reason because after importing the MQXLite CDC project you have a build error. You can remove the error deleting the latest #endif in

\USB_CDC_DEVICE_MQX_Lite_MKL25Z128\Sources\usb_descriptor.h.

(line 513)

But you need an extra fix, please add:   #pragma pack()

at the end of file  Generated_Code\usb_devapi.h  (line 329)

Build and Debug, now CDC device should be detected. You can find the Driver is in the USB stack folders.

This will be fixed soon.

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
robertmilne
Contributor I

Hi Luis,

I found no device driver in the USB stack folders.  The only .inf file I could find was for the DFU demo.  No driver is generated within the Eclipse IDE AFAIK.  Please be more specific. 

There was no #endif at line 513 of usb_descriptor.h in my version of the stack.  Not sure what the pragma is supposed to do but I added it - it produced no discernable effect.

-rob

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Using this project:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2\ProcessorExpert\MKL25Z128\USB_CDC_DEVICE_MQX_Lite_MKL25Z128.zip

And this driver:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.0.2\Source\Device\app\cdc\inf

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
robertmilne
Contributor I

Hi Luis,

Yay!  I can see the echoed characters in my serial terminal.  Thanks for the driver path.

-rob

0 Kudos