UART FRDMKW40Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART FRDMKW40Z

ramonramirez
Contributor II
I am working with the evaluation kit kw40z and need to connect a module that is communicates through uart

Do I need to do any changes in software to make the communication using the pins of the EVK instead of the usb port?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi RAMON RAMIREZ

Sorry, I don't fully understand your question. KW40Z MCU has not USB module, however FRDM-KW40Z implements a UART communication with the inboard K20 that works as OpenSDA debugger interface with your PC, do you mean this UART communication?

If so, MKW40Z only have one UART module (the one with OpenSDA), they are mapped in the FRDM board in J1_2 and J1_4, and if you going to use this UART you just have to consider if you are using debug interface in your code, Are you using SDK libraries? SDK libraries normally set this communication with some function like dbg_uart_init, so please check it and disable it as you need it.

Hope this information helps you, if you have any other question please let me know.
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------