cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-KV58F220M - Debugger problem? - No MBED in win10 device manager

kubus18929
Contributor I

Hello.

I have a problem with TWR-KV58F220M board, where when i connect it to a win10 PC via usb it doesn't show up in any way.

Same thing happens when i try and connect it while holding reset button down. No external storage device shows up in My Computer.
Red and orange LED's on board light up continuously when the board is connected.

What could be the cause of this? How can i get my board in working order?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Try to use the Jtag connector to communicate with the PC. Check whether it works. If it works, it means your debugger  mcu k20 may be broken. If not, your board maybe broken. You have to change your board.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kubus18929
Contributor I

Thanks Da Li.

I've tried using Jtag connector, and it worked fine.

The issue was, that firmware on OpenSDA mcu was corrupt. I erased it with j-link commander using an external segger probe.

Next, I flashed j-link firmware to the OpenSDA mcu on the board with external j-link segger probe using j-link commander, and ran it as a j-link emulator (or something along these lines. I'm fairly new to developing for mcu's).

I got the firmware from here
https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink under "Generic Firmwares".

Now it's recognized by MCUXpresso as a j-link debug probe, and allows debugging.

Best regards.

0 Kudos