Source code - PK20DX128VFM5 - Open SDA Debugger - On a new board.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code - PK20DX128VFM5 - Open SDA Debugger - On a new board.

prtronicsyslda
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I wanted to do an application that integrated programmer and debugger on board something like FRDM KL25Z with USB-> PK20DX128VFM5 -> PKL25Z128VLK4. It is available the source code of the ARM debugger PK20DX128VFM5? How do I program it to be something identical as the development board?

I hope to help others as well.

Greetings, Pedro Santos

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pedro,

read the license agreement: you cannot use the Segger OpenSDA firmware with your custom board. See SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2

You could use mbed/OpenSDA, see OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP  for the firmware and bootloader downloads.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

prtronicsyslda
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

My objective is use mbed, but i need flash MK20 with firmware, and after Mbed bootloader put in Mk20 right?  Or the unique solutions is use bootloader in kl25?

I want a simple way to program the robot without placing a bootloader in the main microcontolador (kl25z main uC). That is I want to make a programmer on board. I intend to program the MK20 that after the program kl25 (main uC). This is possible and legal?

I have doubt on this process. My ideia is make simple and low cost programmer for my educational robot that include kl25z. Excuse me.

greetings, Pedro Santos

0 Kudos

prtronicsyslda
Contributor I

Hi, Jingjing

I still have some questions, and I need to download the bootloader msd for PK20DX128VFM5 that then program the PKL25Z128VLK4. Can I program the PK20DX128VFM5 with J-link or have to be with the P & E Micro? This issue is very important to me, I would use the Kinetis.

Greetings, Pedro Santos

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PRTronicSys Lda,

Yes, you can use the JLINK or P&E micro debugger to download the code to the K20, it's no problem!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

prtronicsyslda
Contributor I

Hi Jingjing Zhou

I have a FRDM KL25Z  board but could not flash the MK20 (with segger SWD) because to be protected, I bought the IC MK20DX128VFM5 and replace on the board. The objective is to again take again the functional board, then build a robot with debugger on board. (simulate frdm kl25z)

My question is: Where can I get the Bootloader MSD to unload with segger? I already used the segger "12_OpenSDA_FRDM-KL25Z" by https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink but the MK20 does not work after scheduled. Ie the PC should recognize right?

My circuit hi level is:  PC    ->   Segger ->   J8 (SWD)  FRDMKL25Z . So i want make one debugger to put on my robot, the objective is programmer robot without used FRDMkl25z.

You understand my question? Sorry for may inglish and my insistence :smileyhappy:

Best Regards, Pedro Santos

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PRTronicSys Lda,

Now the Opensda V2 have open source code , you can use the opensda V2, just download the opensda V2 code to your K20DX128VFM5, then you can download the JLINK firmware to your K20 BOOTLOAD disk,  after this, you can use the JLINK as the debugger to debug your KL25 MCU.

For details about the OpensdaV2, please go to this link:

OpenSDAv2

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos