cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWD/JTAG Communication Failure

monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a small project using NXP FRDM-K64F board with Keil MDK-ARM as a debugger , the problem that I'm facing is when I'm trying to debug my program, an error box appear which saying " SWD/JTAG Communication Failure" , is there anyone has any clue how to solve this issue? I have done some attempts like I Re-bootload my board several times but still having same problem.

waiting for your advice.

My Best

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mona,

First of all, you should check out the hardware of the FRDM-K64F board whether works well or not , NXP has provided the KSDK which includes the kind of demos for the FRDM-K64F board.

So you can go to download the KSDK 1.3 through the link as below.

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP

And It can come to the conclusion that the issue was caused by debug interface setting improperly if the demos run well on the board, and please follow this way for checking.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually I have more than one of NXP-FRDM-K64 boards which some of them working fine so I think I dont have any hardware issue.

Is there any kind of settings that I could follow to updates the SWD and JTAG ?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mona,

Fig 1 illustrates successful connection between the FRDM-K64F board and PC host, then I was wondering if you can share the screenshot of debug configuration of  your project.

2016-01-27_14-36-28.jpg

Fig 1

Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos