Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference design for MK22FN1M0AVMC12

Jump to solution
pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Hello,

In some previous question I received the advice to follow the design of the TWR-K21F120MA in order to do my own board for the MK22FN1M0AVMC12, and so I did.

Now I am doing a final revision of the design but I found that there is another tower kit TWR-K22F120M that I would say has a microcontroller that is more similar to the one I am using (MK22FN1M0AVMC12), only with half of the flash memory.

Although the two designs seem similar for the microcontroller connections, there are some differences, and I was wondering if I should modify my design and check in detail the schematic of the TWR-K22F120M, or if I should stick to the design that I already did following the TWR-K21F120MA  as a reference design. Would it make any difference / Improvement, in principle, would my design work if I follow any of those two TWR reference designs?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Ivan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pulsatrix P1,

I think this post may help you out:

Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices 

Take care, MK22FN1M0AVMC12 should refer to TWR-K21F120M, even the name of MK22FN1M0AVMC12 seems similar as TWR-K22F120M, but the chip on TWR-K22F120M have a lot of difference with MK22FN1M0AVMC12.

So, don't hesitate to refer to TWR-K21F120M.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pulsatrix P1,

I think this post may help you out:

Kinetis K22_120 MHz devices 

Take care, MK22FN1M0AVMC12 should refer to TWR-K21F120M, even the name of MK22FN1M0AVMC12 seems similar as TWR-K22F120M, but the chip on TWR-K22F120M have a lot of difference with MK22FN1M0AVMC12.

So, don't hesitate to refer to TWR-K21F120M.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

Thanks a lot for your helpful reply!  I was just a bit confused by the naming.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan,

K22 really have a lot of part number, so just refer to the post which I give you, I also refer to that post.

Have a great day,
Kerry

pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ivan,

If you still have question about this topic, just let me know!

If your problem is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this post, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Hello,

Anyone that could help me with this choice for reference design? Does it make a big difference between the boards mentioned above for the basic connections of the uC?

Thanks!

Ivan

0 Kudos