cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce memory footprints in mbedtls

pritesh_shah
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to reduce the memory footprint of mbedtls library. I found the below link to optimize the mbedtls.

https://tls.mbed.org/kb/how-to/reduce-mbedtls-memory-and-storage-footprint

In this document one of the option is to save memory is to use mbedtls_x509_crt_parse_der_nocopy() function

instead of mbedtls_x509_crt_parse_der().

I have downloaded an SDK for Kinetis K64 and in that, i didn't found the mbedtls_x509_crt_parse_der_nocopy() function in mbedtls.

Is there any upgrade in the package ? How can i reduce the memory footprints for mbedtls. ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pritesh shah ,

From the kinetis SDK x509_crt.c , this frile is part of mebd TSL(SSL Library mbed TLS / PolarSSL ).

So, if you want to get the mbedtls_x509_crt_parse_der_nocopy() API, you may go the mbed side, find the newest driver which contains mbedtls_x509_crt_parse_der_nocopy() api function, and copy it to the SDK code.

The newest SDK still didn't add the API which you mentione, but I think you can add it by yoursefl.

Wish it helps you!

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos