cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity detection with KL05Z slider touch

cris
Contributor II

Hi!

I am trying to use the slider touch of the FRDM-KL05Z platform with proximity detection. I have been able to do that but very close to the slider. Do you have any idea of the maximum distance that can be reached and if there is any way to increase such distance by means of register tweaking?

Many thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cris,

The proximity detection is implemented by a RC circuit, the capacitance measurement depends on the charging time of the RC circuit formed by the electrode and the pull-up resistor. In order to have a different sensitivity you have to change this parameter. You can find this information in the section 5.2.5 Sensitivity and range (http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/user_guide/TSSUG.pdf?&Parent_nodeId=&Parent_pageType=).

If you are using the Freescale's Touch Sensing Software you can change this parameter with System_Sensitivity_Register. Refer to the section 3.8.2 in the same document.

I hope this information can help you.

Regards,

Adrian

cris
Contributor II

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay!  I am not using the Tocuh Sensing Software but I will take a look at this guide anyway :smileyhappy:

Regards and thanks again!

0 Kudos