Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor expert missing setting

Jump to solution
laurenthenault
Contributor III

Hello,

I need to use processor expert to set up SMC module to allow for LLS mode.

In processor expert I have the processor Cpu: MKL17Z256VFM4  with the settings Very low power modes and very low leakage stop mode but it doesn't have option to allow LLS.

I also added the SMC component and in this one I can set to allow LLS. The problem is that when the generated code for this part is run, the SMC_PMPROT register has already been written by the generated code for the CPU so it's not rewritten according to normal behavior.

I can go change the #define SYSTEM_SMC_PMPROT_VALUE in system_MKL17Z4.h but it will be overwritten whenever this code is automatically generated again.

Any options to help me with this? I am using SKD 1.3 and don't really have the option to change it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Laurent,

to disable the code generation for all the things from the Cpu, disable the code for it:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Laurent,

as for not overwriting your code change: you can disable code generation, see Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
laurenthenault
Contributor III

That's spot on what could help me Erich, thanks!

In project -> properties -> processor expert , what exactly would I need to change to make sure the Processor : CPU : MKL17... component is generated but not changed.

Do I achieve that by just changing main module update to create, but do not change ?

Thanks again!

Laurent

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Laurent,

to disable the code generation for all the things from the Cpu, disable the code for it:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich

0 Kudos
laurenthenault
Contributor III

If I regenerate processor expert because of changes for other components, will that remove the generated files for the CPU or just keep them as they were?

I would like to keep the generated files since they are still useful, just have the possibility to change them myself after and not have that change be overwritten.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It will keep your changes and won't overwrite the files you have changed.

0 Kudos
laurenthenault
Contributor III

Great thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Are you working with Code Warrior or SDK? Could you please attach your project if possible so that I can work directly on it.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos