Problem using DMA with Processor Expert ADC Component

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using DMA with Processor Expert ADC Component

fitch
Contributor I

I'm trying to use DMA with the ADC component in Processor Expert (specifically in the ADC_LDD subcomponent), but when I enable DMA, I get an error under "Result Type", because DMA requires the "signed/unsigned 16 bits, right justified" or "Raw value" result type, but I cannot change the Result type in Processor Expert. I looked for other settings that might need to change to allow me to set the Result type, but I can't find anything. Seems like a bug in PE to me, but I could be missing something. I'm using the TWR-K60D100M development kit.

PE_Screenshot.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

thomaskang-b295
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Justin,

What I have implemented is as blow in same board with yours, TWR-K60D100M. Unfortunately, it is using Init_ADC instead of ADC_LDD. However, I think my project is exactly same with what you want to implement.

Please mail me (thomas.kang@freescale.com), then I will send you my project file. (Actually, I could not find add an attachment in this page.)

TWR-K60D100M ADC DMA Link.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Justin:

I tried the same thing from my side and I do not see the options grayed out like yours. Look at this picture:

Result_options.png

What other settings of the ADC component have you modified?

If possible please attach here your zipped project to give it a check.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

fitch
Contributor I

Jorge,

The attached project was created using the following sequence:

• Create new "bareboard project" with PE enabled
  • Insert the ADC component
  • Configure the ADC pin (to remove error)
  • Go into the ADC_LDD subcomponent and enable DMA

At this point the result type is in an error state, but it is greyed out and I cannot change the option.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos