Powering OpenSDA circuit without USB connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powering OpenSDA circuit without USB connection

gordonjess
Contributor I

Has anyone had any success powering the OpenSDA circuit on the FRDM-KL25Z without a USB connection, or perhaps advise me to the best way this can be achieved?  I have an Ciseco URF wireless serial interface that I want to use to communicate data from the OpenSDA mini usb connector wirelessly to a laptop, for data logging.  I would also like to keep the wired functionality so I can continue to program the board from USB.  Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Gordon

For your question1: I think the best way is connect power to pin1 of U1 on freedom board.

For your question2: I think it is impossible. Because mini usb uses usb communication interface but URF uses UART communication interface. So you cannot connect your URF to mini-usb directly,

Hope my reply can help you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos

gordonjess
Contributor I

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I have look at the schematics for the FRDM KL25Z and Pin 1 of U1 seems to be the ground connection for the voltage regulator.  Are you looking at the same schematic?  Also, the URF Module I was talking about does support USB communication, and I am able to connect it using a USB A to USB mini-B adapter.

Thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Gordon

For question1: It should be pin3 not pin1.

For question2: OK. If your URF module can support USB function. I think it is possible. You only need to change the interface connection.

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos