PPAP Capability of Automotive Qualified Microcontrollers like Kinetis/KEAZ

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPAP Capability of Automotive Qualified Microcontrollers like Kinetis/KEAZ

patricklanglois
Contributor II

Are Kinetis microcontrollers PPAP capable? I mean for sure the ones that are made for automotive applications. If those are, is it true by the way for all AEC qualified components at NXP? I'm asking this last question being well aware that PPAP and AEC are two complete different things while being related to the automotive industry in both cases.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @patricklanglois ,

No, Kinetis devices support neither PPAP nor AEC.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

patricklanglois
Contributor II

I don't know your level of expertise and your duty at NXP but your statement is surprising and doubtful at once. From the link below, all the related Kinetis mcus are supposed to be automotive qualified. For most manufacturers, this means these are AEC qualified (AEC qualified = Automotive qualified). If things go otherwise at NXP, I need to understand how and how you get your parts to be considered as automotive grade. Do you really know what AEC stands for? What about PPAP?

URL: https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/kea-automotive-mcu...

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @patricklanglois ,

Yes, KEA belong to Kinetis family, although it is not supported by MCUXresso IDE and SDK.

The KEA MCU AECQ100G report can be found in the PPAP submission.

Besides KEA, there isn't other Kinetis device support auto level.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos