No OpenSDA connection found in DS-5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OpenSDA connection found in DS-5

vjekoslavdelima
Contributor I

I'm using DS-5 starter edition version: 5.23.1 with FRDM-KL25Z as OpenSDA interface. Enumeration and driver installation in Windows 7 worked without issues. In Device Manager board is shown as  Jungo Connectivity: PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver with additional OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port.

I'm using bare metal MQX application on CM-4 core. Target connection is CMSIS-DAP but when I click Browse under Connections no devices can't be found. Did someone have same issue? I did search for any kind of OpenSDA problem but nothing was related to this that could solve my problem. Bootloader was upgraded, tried with other versions but nothing. Board information is at the end of post.

If someone is using same configuration, can you please post connection string so I can try entering manually?

Information about device found on PEMicro site is:

Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z
MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05
Bootloader Version is: 1.11
Installed Application: PEMicro Debug App
Application Version is: 1.08

0 Kudos
3 Replies

vjekoslavdelima
Contributor I

Hey Sol,

Thanks for reply. I now see I didn't make myself clear and my question is missing information about my target. I have custom Vybrid board and FRDM-KL25Z would be used just for the OpenSDA (CMSIS-DAP) debug interface  to Vybrid. ULink2 as CMSIS-DAP works fine. I wish J-Link was supported too.

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hope you are doing well. From your description, could you please confirm if you are using the FRDM-KL25 as an external debugger to your custom board?

Is this correct?

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ,

I'm afraid DS-5 doesn't support the FRDM-KL25Z. If you want to use this board you can use CodeWarrior 10.6  CodeWarrior Software Development Tools|NXP

or KDS Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |NXP

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos