Need alternate for MK64FN1M0VLQ12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need alternate for MK64FN1M0VLQ12

Frank_Z
Contributor I

Will a non120MHz part drop in with the same software build or do the UARTs and such get hosed. Processing speed isn't an issue, I hope, don't know of any wait loops.

Are non-K series parts an option?

I can use a 256Kb or higher memory. Smaller RAM is ok as well so I don't need the 1M flash

Don't care about temp or ethernet so other flavors are ok.

I almost got away with a MK21FX512VMD12 but the UART4 on PTE24 isn't pinned out. It goes to other pins but the software needs to be unmodified.

The BGA or smaller footprint is a possible nasty alternative if I make in interposer PCB

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Frank_Z ,

Most probably it can't. Different chips have different MCG and SIM. But maybe you can repair it by just replace driver code and some definition. Because if the target chip has SDK package, their driver has same interface name.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

Frank_Z
Contributor I

I asked several questions but only got one answer I'm assuming to the last question I asked in a second post.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Frank_Z ,

The 120M device is new generation of Kinetis. Few 100M devices and below can pin-to-pin compatible with MK64FN1M0VLQ12. Many 100Mhz or 50Mhz devices are even not supported by KSDK2.x.

You can check MK60FN1M0VLQ12, MK24FN1M0VLQ12, MK22FN1M0AVLQ12. But I'm not sure they can replace MK64. Even the UART peripherals may have slight difference.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

Frank_Z
Contributor I

Are any nonNXP CortexM4's compatible? I've checked one and it wasn't close to the same pinout.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Frank_Z ,

I'm afraid there isn't such device compatible with Kinetis.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos