Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC pins on Kinetis K20 based MK20FN1M0VMD12 quick easy question

Jump to solution
sherry_zahid
Contributor III

Hi,

Just a quick question in reference to the datasheet of K20 sub-family document number "K20P144M120SF3". Looking at page 73 for pin assignments.

I am using the 144 pin LQFP package, and I had a question about the pins that are NC (not connected) on my IC, e.g. C10, M5, A10, B10.

Do these pins not have a physical electrical connection to the IC? what happens if I connect 5V to any of these pins? Can anything go wrong If I leave this pin floating? Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Sherry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Sherry,

The "NC" means "No Connection", which means that you should leave these pins floating, in other words, do not connect anything to the pins. Because of test or something else, the "NC" pins may have functions which we do not want to have customer use or we have for only test, so do not connect 5V to the "NC" pins.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Sherry,

The "NC" means "No Connection", which means that you should leave these pins floating, in other words, do not connect anything to the pins. Because of test or something else, the "NC" pins may have functions which we do not want to have customer use or we have for only test, so do not connect 5V to the "NC" pins.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
sherry_zahid
Contributor III

Thanks XiangJun

That really helps,

Kind regards,

Sherry

0 Kudos