cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3 decoder on CM4

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Team,

My customer is trying to implement MP3 decoder on our CortexM MCU (as a small addon for this design), could you please advise which is the cheapest and lowest power family recommended for such application?

and please if you can share any example code or guideline it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

kind regards,

Shai 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

MKE14, MK22 may be a choice. If you want to do the software decoder in MCU, I am not sure if it is a good ideal. We do not have the related information.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

nxf56274‌ Hello,

Thanks for your inputs, but MK22/MKE14 is overkill since the customer looking to use this MCU only for decode mp3, and the extra peripherals such as USB is not needed here.

BTW, I have found a two old application note one is AN11178 based Helix MP3 decoder for LPC1700 you can read more here MP3 Solution for LPC1768

the second is AN10583 based MAD MPEG decoder (libmad) for LPC2000

Could you please advise/guide us on how we can port the Helix MP3 decoder library or MAD decoder to the MK10 family or to other low-cost MCU?

Thanks in advance

KR,

Shai 

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I found some links for you to refer.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/348143?commentID=524719#comment-524719 

K22 Player Solution 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-96452 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos