Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL82Z128VLK7 Factory Parameters

marcomaioli
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using the internal slow clock of the processor:

after a mass erase of the flash (I'm using Lauterbach) the clock source changed it's 

frequency from 32kHz to 40kHz.

I've uploaded the same FW before and after the mass erase. 

I've been looking at the reference manual, I've some questions:

Can you confirm me that the internal slow clock source is trimmed by NXP during factory test?

In case this answer is yes,

Is possible to load the configuration parameters in order to restore it? In this case, where can I find it in the flash?

Which other parameters are set?

Thank you in advance,

Stefano

4 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

Yes, the slow clock is trimmed by factory. You can see this sentence in page 622 in RM.

A value for SCTRIM is loaded during reset from a factory programmed location.

But there is no word say where is this value location in IFR. I can see in other Kinetis K series device that it's 0x3FF(SCTRIM) and 0x3FE(SCFTRIM). Maybe you can try to use Program Once command to program trim value into this space. But I really don't know if it works.

Another way is use MCUXpresso and P&E as debugger. P&E has additional function to trim 32768 internal osc.

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

The last option is trim by yourself. Then record the value in your code. After reset, you can write this value into register.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

marcomaioli
Contributor II

Hi Jing, 

thank you very much for your help!

Can you also provide me the other parameters that are set and can be 

erased by a flash mass erase?

Have a nice day, 

Stefano

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry but I haven't. Please check Lauterbach setting. The data in IFR shouldn't be erased during mass erase.

Regards,

Jing

marcomaioli
Contributor II

Thank you Jing

0 Kudos