MK66FX1M0 USB Feature with external power. Do I need to connect VREGIN and VOUT33 Pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK66FX1M0 USB Feature with external power. Do I need to connect VREGIN and VOUT33 Pins?

christhomas
Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using the MK66FX1M0VLQ18 microcontroller and want to use the USB feature. However, I don't to want to connect the USB 5V into VREGIN, instead want to power the microcontroller using an external LDO. For USB to still work, can I leave VREGIN unconnected and VOUT33 connected to 3.3V generated by my LDO. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, you have to connect VREGIN to 5V but not limited USB 5V to get the internal USB module powered. VOUT33 can be left unconnected to any other device. Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

christhomas
Contributor II

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know the purpose of the USB1_VBUS pin? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos