MK40DN512ZVLQ10 5n22d Mask

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK40DN512ZVLQ10 5n22d Mask

rbarbatana
Contributor I

I'm having problems with the MK40DN512ZVLQ10 microcontroller, all my devices with this microcontroller with the 4n30d mask work normally.
However recently I received a batch of microcontrollers with the 5N22D mask.
I load the boot normally by JTAG and also the firmware by win_hc08sprg, but my devices just don't start, I read that there is an error regarding this 5n22d mask, but I can't see a relationship with the error that happens to me, can someone help me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rafael, I hope you're doing well!

According to the Kinetis Mask Set Errata 5N22D document here, the different erratum relating to JTAG and cJTAG are the following:

• e6804:   CJTAG: Performing a mode change from Standard Protocol to AdvancedProtocol may reset the CJTAG
  • e6990:   CJTAG: possible incorrect TAP state machine advance during Check Packet
  • e6573:   JTAG: JTAG TDO function on the PTA2 disables the pull resistor

There're workarounds to these errata in their respective sections on the errata document, however, this exact behavior hasn't been experienced before, could you please provide some more information about your issue?

Best regards,

Sebastian.

0 Kudos

rbarbatana
Contributor I

Hello Sebastian thanks for responding.
I apologize for the delay, but I have been busy with other things and only now have I returned to work on this problem.
Well I didn't find anything in the errata that could be related to my problem.

I am using a universal P&E micro multilink to launch the file (BDM boot) on the target MCU.

After that I use the freescale universal bootloader software win_hc08sprg.exe.
I do these two processes in MCU targets MK40DN512ZVLQ10 with mask 4N30D and 5N22D and nothing points me to errors or problems in the process.
However, the MK40DN512ZVLQ10 4N30D target works normally and the MK40DN512ZVLQ10 5N22D simply does nothing.

Thank you very much and best regards

0 Kudos