cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK30DX7 reset

blurblur
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using MK30DX128VLL7 and using Cyclone Fx to load the program in. My custom board is using LCD internal charge pump to drive my 5V LCD.

One day, I accidently load the MK30DX256VLL7 to  the board and the board not able to power on. I reload the MK30DX128VLL7 program to the board. 

When I power up my board, the charge pump for the LCD shoot up to 8V cause all my LCD segment seems turn on and not able to display properly as before.

How to solve this problem as I tried to re-program my board but not working. Do I need to do factory reset? And how?

Thanks.

illa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, @blurblur 

Many thanks for your patience, and hoping you are excellent.

If you are trying to re-program your board and it is not working, I would like to suggest you to do a mass erase on your part. In order to help you on how to do it, please let us know which IDE and Debugger you are using for, so we can help you more personalizedly.

If you are having some errors, please share with us the error logs, so we can see the way to help you with those.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

blurblur
Contributor II

Hello @PabloAvalos 

I am using Cyclone FX to program my IC. SWD communication setting. 

How do I need to mass erase the IC due to wrong program inside the IC.

Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @blurblur 

I appreciate the information provided.

I am wondering if you are using PROGRACMP with your CycloneFx to program your mcu?

Also, grateful with your patience, I am still checking possible solutions to your concerns.

Thank you so much.
Best Regards.

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

blurblur
Contributor II

Hi @PabloAvalos 

I am using Cylone image creation utility and load into my CycloneFx. This is easy for our production use. 

Or do I need to erase using debugging method?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @blurblur 

Thanks so much for the info.

After a hard researching, unfortunately as we are not the experts on standalone uses from Cyclone programmers, I think that it will be faster for you to try to recover your mcu by debugging session as you mentioned. Otherwise, I would like to recommend you contacting P&E Micro support to get more accurate information about your issue.

Hoping you find well and healthy, please let me know if you have more questions.

Sincerely.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

blurblur
Contributor II

Hi @PabloAvalos 

Is that possible using debugger? If that is faster and easier, how do I need to do?

I am using Multilink Universal as the interface for debugging. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @blurblur 

Thank you so much for your response. I would like to apologize for the delay. I got sick suddenly and couldn't write a response to you. 

If you are using our MCUXpresso IDE, and using Multilink Universal as the interface for debugging, the process to recover and update your program on your mcu, please follow step by step this guide that is pretty useful: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/09/04/recovering-and-updating-the-nxp-opensda-bootloader-with-pe-multi....

Or as an alternative, you can use this software provided by P&E Micro: https://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320181&productTab=1 that allows you to program or re-program external flash, via one of PEmicro's compatible hardware debug probes.

Hoping this options are useful for you, please let me know if you have more concerns.

Sincerely,

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos