Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MISSING library file for PMSM operation in KV10

Jump to solution
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

HI,

I am using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7 which belongs to Cortex-M0+ Based Microcontroller. While I trying to porting the code I found that there is no ALPHA and BETA coordinates for the M0 based microcontroller in the source code.

I downloaded the source code from NXP site as executable file named RTCESL-CM-4.3.exe, after I get installed it saved in C:\NXP\RTCESL(attached a screen shot).

As per the User guide available in the folder, I have added the library files into my project and it get compiled for all other libraries except ALPHA and BETA coordinates which is not available in the C:\NXP\RTCESL\CM0_RTCESL_4.3_KDS\AMCLIB\Include(attached a screen shot).

But the ALPHA and BETA coordinates are available in all other M4, M4F, M7 and M7F based microcontroller(AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB_A32). 

Captureghk.JPGCapturetyu.JPGCapturerty.JPG

When I tried to add manually or copied all the AMCLIB file from M4 version it doesn't support that, am using Code Warrior 10.6.

What should I do  for the M0 based microcontroller to get ALPHA and BETA coordinates???

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Release 4.4 is planned to the end of November. The KV10 is the lowest microcontroller as far as I know.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Release 4.4 is planned to the end of November. The KV10 is the lowest microcontroller as far as I know.

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Thank you so much.. 

0 Kudos
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

As we have a product already with MC56F82726VLF and we planned to upgrade to low cost microcontroller we choose MKV10Z32VLC7. And now we are migrating the code from MC56F82726VLF to MKV10Z32VLC7, we are facing the difficulty of unavailable ALPHA and BETA coordinates. It will be helpful when we get these coordinates to proceed further.

When will be the next RTCESL release 4.4, because its most urgent product going on now. If it takes more time to release the next RTCESL 4.4, is there any other low cost microcontroller available with same pin package??

It will be more helpful to know the next release date or availability of any other low cost microcontroller with same pin package.

Thank You....

0 Kudos
pavelrech
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The functions AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB_F16 and AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvABInit_F16 were intended only for devices based on CM4 or CM7 cores. These functions are not part of CM0 libraries. The chapter AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB should not be in CM0 userguides - it is an issue.

Do you want to you use the PMSM observer in AB coordinates on CM0 based devices ? If so these functions can be added for CM0 platform in next RTCESL release 4.4.

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

As we have a product already with MC56F82726VLF and we planned to upgrade to low cost microcontroller we choose MKV10Z32VLC7. And now we are migrating the code from MC56F82726VLF to MKV10Z32VLC7, we are facing the difficulty of unavailable ALPHA and BETA coordinates. It will be helpful when we get these coordinates to proceed further.

When will be the next RTCESL release 4.4, because its most urgent product going on now. If it takes more time to release the next RTCESL 4.4, is there any other low cost microcontroller available with same pin package??

It will be more helpful to know the next release date or availability of any other low cost microcontroller with same pin package.

Thank You....

0 Kudos