LIN Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN Bootloader

jannebozz
Contributor I

I´m using a S32k14x (or plan to use) in a automotive application.

The only connection to the outside world in a LIN bus. So, a UART port together with a LIN transceiver should be fine.

However, my question concerns the ROM-based bootloader and if it possible to use the in a "LIN setup".

With that I mean that once the host has send the command to reboot and start in bootloader mode (using a LIN 2.0 Protocol), it could start sending commands by the protocol defined by the NXP bootloader implementation.

I´m not too familiar with the LIN interface but would it be possible to use the UART bootloader via a LIN transceiver?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Mithra
Contributor I

Hi, any update to the bootloader that would works on S32k144 and support LIN communication to develop an LIN bootloader?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

S32K144 is supported by Rappid bootloader. Currently the bootloader supports UART and CAN. It can be downloaded here:

RAppID Boot Loader Utility

LIN and UART are not compatible buses, so it is not possible to use the bootloader. The solution is either to use UART or CAN in your application, so Rappid bootloader can be used, or write own flash resident bootloader which will use LIN interface.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

perig_vennetier
Contributor I

Hi, any update to the bootloader that would work on S32k116 and support LIN?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Perig,

currently there are no plans to support LIN bootloader.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos