cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED D4 blinks continuously (8 times)

ptcaos
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm checking a KL25Z board that neither Windows or Linux recognize. The only symptom is a 8-times blinking, 2 or 3 seconds paused and again 8-times blinkings.

What can be the problem?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
18 Replies

ricardocalcina
Contributor I

Hi, I'm trying to use simulink in MATLAB to code the NXP FRDM-KL25Z with a mac os. I have installed the drivers and ran all the basic steps leading to the RGB example given in the MATHWORKs website. The LED has since been sporadic with its activity. Twice i have ran the same code and it has worked, on two separate occasions. However, during both instances before and after the LED responding as i expect. It no longer works. I'm not sure what is going wrong here. The light on the FRDM board has been solid green, however it does flash when i send the blocks over from simulink. But nothing happens most of the time... Any help.. anyone

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

As you can see in the OpenSDA user guide​, it means that there is an error with the bootloader or the application.

pastedImage_1.png

Have you tried to reload the OpenSDA application (Section 2 in the OpenSDA user guide​)?

Best regards,

Earl Orlando.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

Hello,

Now, I don't know why, system detects KL25Z, but always starts in BOOTLOADER mode (even without pressing Reset button), so I can't upgrade SDA.

What can I do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

You need to copy into the BOOTLOADER volume the *.SDA file. Once you do that if you un-plug and then plug the board to your Windows 7 machine the board will be recognized.

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

After copy SDA file and restart KL25Z without pressing reset button, the board starts in BOOTLOADER mode again. It seems board is not getting any change I'm doing.

Now, I have connected board without pressing reset button, Windows recognizes a BOOTLOADER unit and D4 diode is blinking in 1 Hz.

Help!!

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Please confirm if you are using a Windows 7 machine.

You could try to disable your antivirus protection while you do this operation. Also, I recommend you to copy the .SDA file dragging it from the windows explorer and not from other window (for example a WinRar window).

Maybe this post could be useful for you FRDM Board not responding? Check your Virus Scanner! | MCU on Eclipse​.

Best regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

Yes, I'm using Windows 7.

I have tried your solution (post) but board continues booting in BOOTLOADER mode :smileysad:

It seems this board is dead :smileysad:

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

I attached the SDA file that you must use, is that the one that you are using?

Please un-zip it before drag and drop it to the BOOTLOADER volume.

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

Hi,

I have copied your SDA file and, after restarting board without pressing reset button, it boots in BOOTLOADER mode again...

Buffffffff... I don't have more ideas

Help :smileysad:

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

I received some feedback and I now have another request, please un-zip the attached file and load the file "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA", un-plug the board, plug it again and then load the file "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA".

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

I have follow your procedure (pressing both times reset button), but board continues booting in BOOTLOADER mode and blinking in 1 Hz.

Files I can see in BOOTLOADER unit:

FSL_WEB.HTM

LASTSTAT.TXT (with content "Ready.")

SDA_INFO.HTM -->

Your Hardware Information
Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z
MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05
Bootloader Version is: 1.09
Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KL25Z Mass Storage/Debug App
Application Version is: 1.14
DUID is: 74823937-473181D9-3750C808-B678E678
EUID is: 6AE3D036-A84B8773-184FAA1B-948168D6
TUID is: 74823938-473281D0-3729B81B-B78AE678
TOA is: 86B6E505-24CDBFBD-41E6B687-93588391
TOA2 is: 86B6E505-B1F3EB08-CDE430D7-230745A9
SUID is: 86B6E505-6C47A61D-37239804-8003EC65

TOOLS.HTM

Thanks a lot for your help!!! If this board returns to the "life", I will be very grateful for your help.

0 Kudos

EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

That SDA_INFO.HTM says that the bootloader v1.11 (which is the file "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA") is not installed. Did you try to install it?

Regards,

Earl.

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi PT CAOS,

Your HW Info still shows that the Bootloader version is 1.09 and not the updated version is 1.11.

See below... this is what you should have instead if you're correctly updating the Bootloader before you install the PE Micro OpenSDA.

pastedImage_0.png

Try this and let me know if this helps.

Extract the ZIP file that Earl sent you before into a folder. Make sure that you have these two files are extracted and saved in a folder. This is the key thing that we often ignore and trying to drag the file straight from the Zip folder, don't try that!!

First install the "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA" by pressing the usual RESET button procedure which you know already. Once done that, unplug the USB cable and plug it back... this time do not press RESET button when you plug in!!  Now you should see a removable drive with the label similar to this FRDM-KL25Z (D:) and now once again check the SDA_INFO to make sure the Bootloader version is updated to 1.11.

Once it is there, you can continue to copy the next file  "MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v114.SDA" into this drive without unplugging the cable. When finished copying you can unplug and pulg it back... do not press the RESET button!  If you follow these steps correctly your board should be up and running with the correct PE Micro OpenSDA debugger. Good luck!

Cheers!

Devan

ptcaos
Contributor III

No, after copy "BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.SDA" and reconnect without pressing reset button, I can see a drive labeled BOOTLOADER and this is the info:

Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z

MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05

Bootloader Version is: 1.09

Application Version is: 0.00

DUID is: 74823937-473181D9-3750C808-B678E678

EUID is: 6AE3D036-A84B8773-184FAA1B-948168D6

TUID is: 74823938-473281D0-3729B81B-B78AE678

TOA is: 86B6E505-24CDBFBD-41E6B687-93588391

TOA2 is: 86B6E505-B1F3EB08-CDE430D7-230745A9

SUID is: 86B6E505-6C47A61D-37239804-8003EC65

It seems board is not upgrading its bootloader version, despite I'm copying a new version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

Hi PT,

I have another suggestion. This is just to make sure that your board is good.

Can you try to install a different OpenSDA debugger, (e.g. J-Link Open SDA) and see if that works on your brd?

In the BOOTLOADER mode, copy the attached file (JLink_OpenSDA_2015-06-11.sda). Once copied unplug the USB cable and plug it back. Check the Ports under Device Manager. See the screenshot below for what I see at my end. Pls let me know if you get the same results.

Cheers!

Devan

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

I don't see any "JLink CDC UARD Port", only a COM1 port :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Deejay
Contributor III

That worries me!  I assume that you've already installed either Codewarrior or KDS on your PC which automatically installs necessary P&E Drivers. If not then you may have to install them prior to this.

You might find more help from this link. A comprehensive coverage of all scenarios linking Bootloader issues posted by Erich Styger.

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/01/illustrated-step-by-step-instructions-updating-the-freescale-free...

Cheers!

DJ

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

Yes, I installed Codewarrior and P&E drivers some days ago. If I plug another KL25Z board, it works fine...

0 Kudos