cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kw41z zigbee rejoin

gaetanonugnes
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using SDK 2.2, i started from end device example. I join to network, power off the device and when i power it on the device try to rejoin to network but the rejoin fails.

Do you have any advice/tricks to rejoin successfully to the network?

I do not leave, only restart(on/off) the device, but after 3 tries it fails.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaetano, I hope you're doing well!

I wasn't able to replicate the issue you seem to be having. I prepared one KW41Z with the ZigBee 3.0 Coordinator example, and the other with the Sleeping End Device example. I disabled power down mode in the SED configuration.

I then created a network, joined the SED to it, and reset it a couple times, and every time it was able to rejoin the network successfully.

Could you please tell me, when you imported the project, which debug console did you choose, Semihost or UART?

Also, could you please let me know which ZigBee stack release are you using?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

gaetanonugnes
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using SDK 2.2.0

Also  I disabled power down mode in the SED configuration.

If i remember i used semihost for debug but at the moment i replaced the debug function with another one that send messages via rs485.

The only thing that i changed on zigbee stack is the clock configuration.

I disabled the rtc init in clock init function (i don't know if it is important on zigbee stack side).

BR, 

Gaetano

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gaetano,

The RTC and timer initializations are needed for the ZigBee stack to work as intended, that could be the reason for the reconnection not working.

If you’re using RS485 as your, there shouldn't be a problem, as long as the project is configured to use UART as the debug console. Still, be sure to keep in mind that the KW41Z only has one UART module.

Could you try re-enabling the initialization for RTC?

Please let me know if you still have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos