Kinetis KL05 secured ? How to unlock with USBDM ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis KL05 secured ? How to unlock with USBDM ?

Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have just bought some KL05 devices from Freescale and try to program them with an USBDM (based on "USBDM_SWD_JS16CWJ.pdf" schematic), but it seems that the devices are secured when they are new.... ?

With the standalone ARM programmer published by PGO I get a warning saying that the device is secured ("ARM Programmer - Device is Secured.PNG"), I click "Yes" to mass erase the microcontroller but then it fails ("ARM Programmer - Erasing Failed.PNG").

With CodeWarrior 10.4 I get a warning saying that the device is secured ("CodeWarrior - Device is secured.PNG"), I click "Yes" to mass erase the microcontroller but then it fails ("CodeWarrior - Problem occurred.PNG").

Do you know how to unlock the KL05 devices ? It will be really great if it is possible to do it with the USBDM... if not, maybe with another tool ... ?

Thanks for your feedbacks,

Best Regards,

Joel Guittet

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Joel69003
Contributor IV

Problem solved, seems that the device can't be unsecured... taken another one was the solution.

I have ask the question in USBDM category, see this page for more details : Re: Kinetis KL05 secured ? How to unlock with USBDM ?

Joel Guittet

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please refer if this link can help:

https://community.freescale.com/message/335510#335510

Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi Jun,

It requires a Multilink from PEMicro, and I have only an USBDM...

Regards,

Joel Guittet

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The tool 'ProgARMCortex.exe' also supports embedded OSJTAG, it can be selected in its interface option.

0 Kudos

Joel69003
Contributor IV

Hi Fiona,

Do you mean that I can flash my USBDM with the OSJTAG firmware ? My USBDM is based on the S08JS16 device, this is the USBDM based on "USBDM_SWD_JS16CWJ.pdf" schematic. Moreover, KL05 device don't have JTAG interface, but only SWD....

PS: just to try, I have started ProgARMCortex.exe, but it doesn't detect my USBDM, whatever the interface chosen.

Regards,

Joel Guittet

0 Kudos