Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K60 ADC DMA Processor Expert

dhruvonline
Contributor III

Hi Everyone.

I'm trying to use DMA with the ADC component using Processor Expert

I need to get the ADC result as per below sequence.....

Timer Trigger ->>> DMA channel Start the conversion >>>> DMA Channel Read ADC Data ->>> Copies the data into the buffer and DMA Channel waits for the timer trigger for the next conversion.

Could someone share some examples.

Thanks in advance!

@Dhruv

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhruv,

I'd highly recommend you to refer this application note to implement it.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhruvonline
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the details. I will look into the documents.

Can someone please share the demo project for ADC, triggering and DMA using Processor Expert.

Best regards
dHRUV

0 Kudos

nicholasf
Contributor III

I do not use Processor Expert, so I have no example for you, but the way I accomplish what you are trying to do is the following:

1) configure a PDB or other timer to periodically trigger the ADC (described in Chapter 19 of the KQRUG)

2) configure the DMA to be triggered by the ADC conversion completion (using the DMA's MUX SOURCE setting)

I am not sure whether there is a way to configure the device so that the DMA triggers the ADC conversion, as you described.

Be careful to turn off the timer triggering the ADC when the DMA is disabled, as the ADC can have a fault if its result register is not read before the ADC completes another conversion.

KQRUG: http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/quick_ref_guide/KQRUG.pdf

0 Kudos