Kinetis Bootloader 2.0 MSD Drag and Drop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Bootloader 2.0 MSD Drag and Drop

guitardenver
Contributor IV

I have the latest Kinetis bootloader 2.0 demo working on a freedom K22 dev board. I upload the freedom_bootloader to the dev board and use the Kinetis Flash Tool PC App with the USB/HID option to load the led_demo. This works great.

The freedom_bootloader also enumerates as a MSD device. There is a couple info and log files in the drive.

The Question:

Does the MSD on the freedom_bootloader support drag and drop firmware updates? I put the led_demo.bin or screc or hex file in the drive and nothing happens?

I'm running win 7.

3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt,
I just use the FRDM-K22 to replicate your issue, however it works well on the Win 7.

So I'd like to suggest that you can update the OpenSDA firmware through the link as below, then try again.

Firmware FRDM K22F - Handbook | mbed
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

guitardenver
Contributor IV

jeremyzhou,

The OpenSDA MSD bootloader works fine. I can program the target MCU with the dev board. I used the OpenSDA to program the Kinetis bootloader 2.0 onto the target MCU (MK22 MCU). The MSD drag and drop is for the 2.0 bootloader not the mbed OpenSDA bootloader.

This is the bootloader:

Kinetis Bootloader|NXP

I have the USB plugged into the "USBK22" port not the "SDAUSB" port.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I misunderstand your question, the USB-MSC hasn't supported the BIN or SREC file now, except the SB file.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos