I see that the Keil's pack for the KL25Z (Keil::Kinetis_KLxx_DFP) was deprecated recently. From MDK5 Software Packs :
Maintenance of this pack is discontinued. NXP is now continuing the support in these packs:
- NXP.MKL02Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL03Z4_DFP.
- NXP.MKL13Z644_DFP, NXP.MKL17Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL17Z644_DFP.
- NXP.MKL26Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL27Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL27Z644_DFP, NXP.MKL28Z7_DFP.
- NXP.MKL33Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL33Z644_DFP, NXP.MKL34Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL36Z4_DFP.
- NXP.MKL43Z4_DFP, NXP.MKL46Z4_DFP.
- updated system_MKL17Z4.h.
The KL25Z is not listed.
1. Is the KL25Z supported by a different pack? If so, which?
2. Is the KL25Z MCU being discontinued or EOL'd? And what about the FRDM-KL25Z? Which KL MCUs are expected to be around longest?
Thanks for any guidance.
Up until recently, Keil was creating and maintaining Packs for NXP processors.
Recently, NXP took this over for most of their devices...but not all. The ones that were marked as Deprecated are in this group. I asked that these be brought back and they have done this.
If you got to www.keil.com/dd2/pack you can see the entire list.
Under the heading Keil are the devices still created and maintained by Keil.
Under the heading NXP are those now created and maintained by NXP.
I suppose this transition period is the cause of the issues.
I see in the Pack Installer inside uVision some are still listed as deprecated and can't be downloaded from that way. I will look into this.
1> I would recommend customer to install the previous version of Kinetis_KLxx_DFP package.
2> No. The KL25Z MCU and FRDM-KL25Z boards are active.
Customer can use KL25 for the new product design.
Customer also could select KL26/KL27 hot product for the new product design.
Wish it helps.