cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 having issue with OpenSDA Debug FW

Jump to solution
nidhintomy
Contributor IV

When trying to debug kw36(flashed openSDA Debug FW) with sample example, on first probe discovery it detect board with CMSIS-DAP(attached image First_Detection.png). After i press "OK" button, it goes for probe discovery again. But this time it says it didn't detect the board(attached image Non_Detection.png).

I tried to delete the debug config file and try again, also did forced rediscovery(SHIFT + Debug) But didn't detect board. After multiple attempts only one time board detected and debugged. Later the issue occured again.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Nidhin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When using low-power features the board may not be found on discovery as debug modules can be affected.

When traying to flash/debug your application, please try to wake up the device by pressing repeatedly SW3/LLWU button (board) immediately after selecting "Debug" and while target discovery is trying to connect to the device.

If you are using a BLE example project, depending on the base project, inside app_preinclude.h you may find some macros related to low-power such as cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and cPWR_FullPowerDownMode; please disable (set to 0) these macros. After this, please try flashing/debugging the demo under this configuration.
Also, the Resurrect Kinetis device feature, part of the GUI Flash Tool, may be helpful.

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nidhin,

Just to confirm, are you using a custom board?

By any chance, have you previously flashed any of the BLE example projects into your device? Some of the wireless examples put the device into low power mode, in which the debug modules are kept static or powered off depending on the low power level.

Regards,
Eduardo.

nidhintomy
Contributor IV

Hi @EduardoZamora ,

I am using KW36 Developement board.

Yes, previously i flashed BLE sample projects into this board. But i am having only problem with OpenSDA Debug FW. I can successfully use J-Link Debugger FW.

The problem is on board discovery.

Best Regards,

Nidhin

0 Kudos
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

When using low-power features the board may not be found on discovery as debug modules can be affected.

When traying to flash/debug your application, please try to wake up the device by pressing repeatedly SW3/LLWU button (board) immediately after selecting "Debug" and while target discovery is trying to connect to the device.

If you are using a BLE example project, depending on the base project, inside app_preinclude.h you may find some macros related to low-power such as cPWR_UsePowerDownMode and cPWR_FullPowerDownMode; please disable (set to 0) these macros. After this, please try flashing/debugging the demo under this configuration.
Also, the Resurrect Kinetis device feature, part of the GUI Flash Tool, may be helpful.

Regards,
Eduardo.

nidhintomy
Contributor IV

Hi @EduardoZamora 

Thanks for your time and help. Now problem solved.

First i tried by repeatedly pressing SW3 when MCUXpresso tried to discover board. But board didn't get detected.

After i use Resurrect Kinetis device feature, part of the GUI Flash Tool. It worked. Now board can be flashed with sample examples.

When using JLink i got a problem that " breakpoint is not getting invoked ". Now that problem solved too.

Best Regards,

Nidhin