KL82 FRDM FPROT/FSEC Brick

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL82 FRDM FPROT/FSEC Brick

apikul
Contributor II

On the FRDM Board, bootloader is stock, and I was using debugger w/ OpenOCD.

`openocd -c "interface cmsis-dap" -c "transport select jtag" -f "target/klx.cfg"`

It worked fine, but it always entered ROM after it executed a couple flash cycles and then went back to flash.

RCM_MR was equal to 0x04 pre-ROM (in the few flash cycles prior) and then 0x00 after it went back to flash.

I wanted to skip BCA to see how fast the KL82 would boot, so I made

FSEC (0x40c) = 0xFE

FPROT (0x40d) = 0x3F

Operation became shaky for a couple of power cycles (seeming to RESET constantly), and then cmsis-dap started failing completely. 

Now I just get a steady yellow blink on the D1 of a seemingly bricked device.

Any advice?

Also, are there schematics for the kl82 available?

3 Replies

apikul
Contributor II

I wanted to add a comment because if I edit, my post will go back for moderation, I think:

I can't tell if it's my debugger or my target that's wonky.

edit:

I want to add that I found: https://community.nxp.com/thread/444805 and that I have similar issues as described here. The bootloader seems stuck in "bootloader" mode and, although I didn't mess up the linker script, I think my program is failing very early (all I changed was the FOPT).

I don't have an external programmer, unfortunately, but I do have extra uCs, so I think I might solder on a blank chip to the FRDM board and see if that works.

0 Kudos

tomasvanek
Contributor III

Andrew,

you may need to configure reset in OpenOCD (reset_config srst_only) and use kinetis mdm mass_erase to unlock the device. Please use OpenOCD mailing list for better support (and attach openocd -d3 log).

I'm not sure about KL82, however a K82 I used (not L) seems to run some ROM code for BCA evaluation even if FOPT BOOTSRC_SEL is 00.

Tomas

apikul
Contributor II

Hey Tomas-

Thank you so much for the informative reply. I recognize you as being the maintainer for the addition of KL82 to OpenOCD recently- thank you very much for that, it has been a great help in development. Unfortunately, I have trashed the board during my surgical SMD operations ( XD ).

I think the problem there might have been quite tricky and unfortunately, I  do not have a malfunctioning device (and the new one I ordered I will not be able to sacrifice... yet). I will look into the OpenOCD mailing list as well.- AJ

0 Kudos