cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL27 Microcontroller, supply current.

Jump to solution
sebastianbaez
Contributor I

I'm using the KL27 Microcontroller in an Energy Harvesting application, do I need 120mA supply current, even if I'm going to use it in low power modes?

Best Regards.

SBB.

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sebastian Baez,

120mA is the max data for the MCU supply current.

If your MCU power consumption is not very large, you don't need to use 120mA, you can use smaller power supply current.  This data is just the max data definition.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sebastian baez,

About the KL27 power consumption, you can refer to our KL27 datasheet, you will find all the power mode consumption, include RUN, low power consumption.

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/data-sheets/KL27P64M48SF6.pdf 

Page 10.

You can find, even in the RUN mode,Run mode current¡ª48M HIRC mode, running CoreMark in Flash all peripheral clock disable 48 MHz core/24 MHz flash, VDD = 3.0 V, the consumption is below 10mA.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sebastianbaez
Contributor I

I appreciate your answer,

yes I already seen that power comsumption table. What I mean, is that in page 6 of the datasheet (Voltage and current operating ratings), says that the MCU needs a supply current of 120 mA.

I'm kind of confused,
Hope you help me.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sebastian Baez,

120mA is the max data for the MCU supply current.

If your MCU power consumption is not very large, you don't need to use 120mA, you can use smaller power supply current.  This data is just the max data definition.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos