cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL27 Low Power Mode Sensor APP

sebastianbaez
Contributor I

Hello,

I was wondering, what low power mode will be the best for a monitoring application that consists in a humidity and temperature sensor. I would like very low power consumption without losing reliability in the data from the sensor. I guess the MCU will operate by interruptions.
I would really appreciate any help.

*Another thing, if my MCU is in a low power moder, am I able to create an enable signal (400mV) in one GPIO to switch an external circuit?*}

Best Regards

SBB

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sebastian baez

The low power mode that require your application depends totally in the kind of sensor that you are using and in how you require your application to work. For example there are sensors that have specific interrupt pins that can wake up your MCU with a GPIO pin, there are others sensors that you can read the value as an analog measure, so maybe you set your MCU to wake up every specific time and read the value, as I mentioned, it depends in your sensor and application.

I recommend you to check the following links, here they explain the modules that are available in different low power modes and how you can set them for your application:

www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4503.pdf

https://developer.mbed.org/media/uploads/GregC/an4470-using_low-power_modes_with_kinetis_mcus.pdf 

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos