Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25 and DALLAS iButton (1-Wire)

Jump to solution
SergeMaslenniko
Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to handle 1-Wire signal from iButton using UART0 in 1-Wire mode (something like ISO7816) or not?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Serge,

The Dallas Button requires different communication protocol as can be managed by UART0. Please see the communication details on web:

1-Wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  . It is possible to use standard GPIO method with timer to communicate with 1-Wire Slave.

I hope it could help, but you are welcome for next support.

Best Regards,

Stano.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I have had very clean results with the DS2483 I2C-to-onewire 'master' device to supply 'perfect' one-wire control, using one I2C interface and an internal-timer to wait-out each resultant one-wire process.  To cut my overhead I also built an interrupt-driven I2C process and next-level state machine to complete entire one-wire transactions with minimal processor use.  This all runs 'in the background' because I have 'realtime work' to get done, and that does add a certain amount of complexity...

Message me for details.

0 Kudos
zeljko_stefanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Serge,

If you have a TPM timer (with 3 or 4 channels) and two DMA channels available, the Dallas/Maxim 1-wire bus master can also be implemented as discussed here:

Dallas iButton High Resolution Delays with No Preemption

Although this link is to a question in the MQX software section, the timer based solution described there was developed and tested using a KL26 micro.

Regards,

Zeljko

0 Kudos
Stano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Serge,

The Dallas Button requires different communication protocol as can be managed by UART0. Please see the communication details on web:

1-Wire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  . It is possible to use standard GPIO method with timer to communicate with 1-Wire Slave.

I hope it could help, but you are welcome for next support.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 Kudos