cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL16 TSI module

rreddy2
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the TSI module on MKL16Z128VFT4 for capacitive scan. usually, the proximity count from the TSI module seems to be working correctly with passive device (hand or any card) but when there is an active device (mobile or POS reader) in the range, the proximity value from TSI module, suddenly drops by 3k units/count. upon debugging I observed that RF power from active device is interfering with the KL16's TSI module behavior. Please let me know if we have any leads here!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

rreddy2
Contributor I

Hi, 

This would hinder the usual proximity detection. I do not want to alter the sensitivity, Can you suggest an alternative.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you confirm that the problem is the RF power, maybe you will need to add some capacitor or make some PCB change to improve the ESD sensitivity on your board, but this also will change the TSI configuration.

Another option is that when you detect the drop 3K you perform an autocalibration of the TSI, and with this you will have new values for the proximity, but I do not if this will work for your application

Regards

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

maybe you already check the following document

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=KE15ZTSIUG

On it you can check some recommendations, 

Also you can change the time base to reduce the sensitivity. 

Regards

0 Kudos