Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL16 Security Issue

Jump to solution
ScottKerstein
Contributor III

Hello,

User code on KL16 runs fine; however, when security fsec is enabled, the micro reset every 1msec.  What could the problem be?

Thanks, in advance,

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tommyp
Contributor III

Hi All, I found the problem.  During development, the CodeWarrior flashes via ELF file.  When I attempted flashing Hex from P&E Max, the hex file failed.  I did not output all required sections, resulting in a bad image and the behavior I experienced.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tommyp
Contributor III

Hi All, I found the problem.  During development, the CodeWarrior flashes via ELF file.  When I attempted flashing Hex from P&E Max, the hex file failed.  I did not output all required sections, resulting in a bad image and the behavior I experienced.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
tommyp
Contributor III

A little more info.  When secured, the reset line only goes to 2volts.  Unsecured it goes to 3.3v.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tom,

Could you provide more detailed info about your application software?

Which KL16 modules you are using with your application?

And do you have any Flash operation within your application?

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
tommyp
Contributor III

I flashed a version of the code which stops at POR reset entry and does minimal init to remove any application specific issues.   I'm suspecting that the P&E debugger I'm using is not flashing properly, but since the part is secured, I have no way to confirm beyond the fact the test code is not running.  I'm using a custom trim which the P&E flashes as part of the download process (or should be).   I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I would recommend customer to unlock the KL16 chip with Segger J-Link tool.

More detailed info, please check below link:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/439921?commentID=857127#comment-857127 

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos