cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEAZ128 custom control board cannot run application

Jump to solution
indrajitdeshmuk
Contributor II

I am using a KEAZ128 microcontroller on my custom control board. 

After the program is flashed onto the board, and power to the controller is reset, the program does not run. 

However, if I run the program on the custom board in debug mode via S32 design studio, then the program runs smoothly but only as long as the board is powered.  Also, while running in debug mode, the program continues to run fine even after removing the debug interface from the board between s32 design studio and the board. Its seems as if the program doesn't stay in flash if I am not in debug mode and I power cycle the controller.

I may be missing a key step here while trying to move from development board to a custom board but I am not sure what it could be at this point.

Any help is very appreciated.

IDE : S32 Design studio. (Not using Processor expert OR SDK; only using CLK and RTC related driver code) 

Flash Interface: Program is flashed via SWD interface onto the microcontroller using "Debug" configuration under S32 design studio and Multilink Universal FX.

Test program: Blinky LED (toggle LED every 1s).

The same code works perfectly fine when flashed onto KEAZ128 development board via SWD interface / s32 Design studio / Multilink Universal FX / Debug configuration and stays after power cycle. 

Any ideas or pointers on what am I missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
indrajitdeshmuk
Contributor II

This issue was resolved.

The NMI input (PTB4) is being used as a Comparator input. Based on how the board is laid out, this input stays low after power on reset which causes it to get stuck in a SysTick_Handler.

By setting the NMIE bit of SIM_SOPT0 register to 0 at the beginning of the code in software; I was able to disable the NMI functionality after power cycle. The application is working fine after this software fix was made.

Thanks for all your help. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
indrajitdeshmuk
Contributor II

Couple more things come to mind with regards to my question:

1) Does the stock KEAZ128 micro come with a bootloader?.

2) Do you think this is more of a bootloader not present issue than a program not running after flashing via SWD ?

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you measure the KEA128 Reset signal during board power up?

I want to make sure if the KEA128 run out of the Power On Reset phase and start to execute the code.

The KEA128 without ROM bootloader. And KEA128 internal Flash without programmed bootloader firmware.

Thank you for the attention. 

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
indrajitdeshmuk
Contributor II

This issue was resolved.

The NMI input (PTB4) is being used as a Comparator input. Based on how the board is laid out, this input stays low after power on reset which causes it to get stuck in a SysTick_Handler.

By setting the NMIE bit of SIM_SOPT0 register to 0 at the beginning of the code in software; I was able to disable the NMI functionality after power cycle. The application is working fine after this software fix was made.

Thanks for all your help. 

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for sharing the resolution info.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos