cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE06Z CAN bootloader not working

Teja114
Contributor III

Hi,

I tried these Demo codes but found out that some things are not working.

Bootloader code,

UART-CAN on KE06Z 

1)Like the CAN Interface in Bootloader code is not working?

2) UART To CAN Converter code KE06  and I tried to connect with Teraterm but I am not able to transfer data using XMODEM Transfer?

i followed all the instructions that were given in the document (AN5219SW) when i pressed the SW2 button it is going to bootloader mode but CAN data was not processing unable to print C on the Tera-term.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
9 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI @Teja114 

I hope you are doing well!

Doing a bit of research, I have found out the following tips that may help you to narrow down the issue.

Regarding R52 and R53 resistor rework

The AN author indicate that the UART-CAN adapter board requires some reworks at R53 and R52.
That's not correct. If you are using the P&E OpenSDA USB CDC port, you must keep R53 and R52 there. Otherwise the UART-CAN adapter board could not get data from Tera Term tool.

Regarding , that you are not able to see the C's

For AN step 7 It is not required to press reset button, just press SW2 at target board, then it will enter  bootloader mode.

Another recommedation that you may follow  is to flash an UART pulling example (available in the  KE06 SDK) in the UART-CAN adapter and check if it is able to establish communication with the Tera Term Tool. 

Regards,

Diego

Teja114
Contributor III

Hi @diego_charles,

Firstly, Thank you !!!!

we didn't have an issue on the uart side, we checked it ...

when comes to CAN it was not working even we work out with P-CAN view which was a can data receiver , even though no data found on CAN side..

The main issue was with CAN protocol ..

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Teja114 

Thank you for letting me know the information. I just wanted to check  that aspect before moving on to the CAN bootloader.

Unfortunately, I have not found any other report regarding AN5219 CAN bus issues . Are you able  build the AN  SW using a different IDE? For example if you  builded the SW  using IAR , please try to use KEIL or vicerversa.

I assume that if you try a CAN example (for example the MSCAN loopback SDK demo)  in any your   FRDM-K06Z boards you are  able to catch data in the CAN bus. Is this correct?

Regards,

Diego.

Teja114
Contributor III

Hi @diego_charles 

The IDE we used for building the application was KEIL IDE , we don't have IAR work bench .

we tried with KEIL IDE only .

And the main thing i have to mention that we are using custom board mean like the target board will be the custom board and the converter will be the ke06z EVB & on our custom board it doesn't have external crystal but we are using with internal oscillator .And we are planning to buy another KE06Z EVB to test the CAN bootloader we are thinking that may issue with the custom board.

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Teja114 

Thank you for your reply!

Ok, I also think that the custom board specific settings may be infering on the test. So,  as you mention testing with both FRDM-KE06Z boards would be useful to  debug further. 

Yours,

Diego.

Teja114
Contributor III

yes @diego_charles ,

let me test on EVB  boards , just we had ordered .

let us see whether there may be a problem with Custom board or code .

Thanks for your response ...

0 Kudos

Teja114
Contributor III

Hi @diego_charles ,

Greetings of the day!!!!

The thing was the custom board what we have working with Internal Oscillator. And we tried to ported the CAN bootloader code to internal oscillator but it is not working there is CAN synchronization error . Can you please provide any information regarding Internal oscillator and CAN baudrate setting with respect to internal oscillator or else provide any code example regarding Internal oscillator and CAN ...

Thanks in advance ....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Teja114 

Happy new year and thank you for your reply!

We can help you to check  the matter,  I think we may be deviating a bit from the original question , could you help us to create another post with the new inquiry? This is just to maintain the posts detailing  a single topic.

All the best,

Diego.

0 Kudos

Teja114
Contributor III

Happy New year @diego_charles ,

yes i will create a new post ..

Thanks for your reply....

0 Kudos