Did you mean: 

K65 VBUS connection

foosechek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HW : KK65FN2M0CAC18R

SW : unknown / not applicable

board : custom

I realize that we will likely be unable to answer this question, but per the customer's request I will ask anyway.

The datasheet for this part (K65P169CM180SF5V2 Data Sheet: Technical Data Rev. 4, 04/2017) has a recommendation for unused analog interfaces (Table 62) and USB1_VBUS is recommended to be left floating.  The customer has grounded this pin in their current PCB and would like to know if we can approve that connection.  (basically, is the recommendation a requirement, or just a suggestion?)  The 0V voltage does lie within the allowable range (-0.3 to 6.0V), and the pin is by default unused at the mux level.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ben,

I think customer design (connect USB1_VBUS pin to GND) is also Ok.

The USB1_VBUS pin is input function, so connect to GND doesn't affect the chip behavior.

The datasheet unused pin recommended way is suggested, not must.

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos