cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F Customized board testing

fahdansary
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using a customized K64F board. This board is modified FRDM board design, just to program the controller and running the RGB light demo and some io pins.

I am trying to program this using another FRDM board JTAG Connector.

My problem is how to check if my board, just after component soldering, is ok or not?

Is there any particular pin which I need to check for some high or low voltage levels?

I tried checking Reset pin, that shows logic low level (0.15V) and crystal, which did not displayed a clear waveform.

I am waiting for some components before I can program through FRDM Board so cannot check programming of board.

Please revert on what can give indication of board might work or not.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fahd

please check my comments.

Yes I recommend that after you solder the board you check that there is not any missing part, wrong part, solder bridge (solder short) , if you have ans ICT (in circuit test) you can perform this kind of test. all this test are with out voltage on the board, after you check that there is not solder short you can put voltage (turn on) the board and check the VCC and the VDD pins if they have the correct value, on the reset pin if the MCU is not programmed you should see that the MCU is resting due the watchdog.

For the crystal if the MCU is not programmed, normally you can not see this signal.

I hope this will help you.

fahdansary
Contributor I

Hi Pedro Vicente,

Thanks for reply.

I had checked the steps that you mentioned.

There was no short solder and after powering up, all VCC pins are showing proper voltage.

On checking with Oscilloscope, I found that the reset pin is not in single state (It should be high for K64F) but is toggling between logical levels with duty cycle of 10% (5uSec it is high and 45 micro second it is low).

When I tried programming it using JTAG it remained in the boot loader mode. This I had faced earlier on FRDM board. When Reset was Low, the board kept entering bootloader mode again and again.

Now I dont know how to bring this reset pin to normal condition.

You mentioned something about WDT, can I do anything with WDT without being able to program the controller?

Hope you answer this asap and thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Fahd

Can you please send me your schematics if this is possible?

Also can you tell me the tools that you are using to program the device jtag, KDS?

0 Kudos

fahdansary
Contributor I

Hi Pedro Vicente,

Thanks a lot for replying again and accept my apologize for such delayed response.

The good news is that I have found solution to this situation (Yet not sure if this will work every time, though I tested this 4 times) and I would like to share it here and would appreciate if people rectify me if there is any error in it.

Issue 1: Board continuously in Reset Mode.

Solution: I used NMI reset pin and provided it a hard reset and it came out of reset latched condition. On discussing this condition with one of my senior colleague, I am told that this might happens with Freescale board if we program it with improper setup or code. The Reset pin gets latched and modules keep resetting. On Hardware reset, this condition gets rectified. (I am not sure how correct this explanation is but this really worked multiple times. Better Explanations are awaited)

Issue2: Board not executing code after programming.

Solution: On investigating and cross verifying the designs, I found that the board was not getting proper 50MHz clock and hence it was not executing the code.

Once external clock (50MHz) was applied, it started working. I tried using software to select internal clock source but that did not worked.

I used following command

SIM->SOPT2 |= SIM_SOPT2_PLLFLLSEL(0x3);

but this did not worked.

Still looking to get this work and would appreciate any help in reaching there.

Thanks for all the help and concerns.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Can you try to create a new project with PE just to check the correct configuration to run with the internal clock, and then you can copy this configuration into your project.

If you have problem, please tell me the configuration that you need and I can send you a sample code.

regards

Vicente

0 Kudos