cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 ethernet problem when using FLL

James8
Contributor I

Hi

I'm using a K60 revision 2 and what I'm trying to do is run the chip from the RTC oscillator. I have apparently managed to achieve this, but the problem comes when the ethernet is involved, I set the R flag on a TX buffer to indicate that the K60 should send the frame, and the flag never gets cleared.

I'm using a PK60DN512VLK10 2N22D

The board has two clocks, a 50MHz on EXTAL and 32.768KHz on EXTAL32. Prior to the revision 2 it wasn't possible to use the RTC oscillator to drive the FLL so I have been using the 50MHz signal and generating a 96MHz PLL for the core clock, then setting the dividers to get a 48MHz bus and 24MHz flash. I have the dividers the same on the FLL so as far as I know everything is running at the same speed.

Are there any issues that I should be aware about when changing from a PLL to FLL? Hypothetically if I did have it running at a slower speed than what the PLL is running at, why would this effect the TX buffer?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Paul_Tian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, James

i checked K60 version2 reference manual. I think RTC clock can be provided as source of FLL. You can find this path in figure 5-1 Clocking diagram in reference manual "K60P144M100SF2RM".

Hope my reply can help you.

Best Regards

Paul

0 Kudos