Did you mean: 

K60 controller adc programming

lijofrancis
Contributor III

dear sir,

i dont understand adc configuration in k60.i read there is ADC0,ADC1,ADC2,ADC3,

and there is adcx_se*a and adcx_dm0,adcx_dp0

i dont understand it.

how many channel can we connect at the same time that is how many analog inputs can we connect

which pins are used for analog input

what the analog pins used for

differential analog inputs ,which are two analog inputs

how can we use dma,

dma used it automatically convert the channel we specified at the memory location

please tell me

please sir dont reply with k60 datasheet that i have,

is there is any simple functional circuit

0 Kudos
2 Replies

drew_k
Contributor III

Lijo,

The specific pins available for the ADCs vary depending on which K60 package you're using.

The ADCx_SE pins are single-ended (SE) pins for reading a non-differential voltage signal. The ADCx_dm0/dp0 are a differential pair input that lets you measure the difference between the two pins. If you're not sure what that means, look up the difference between single-ended and differential voltage measurement.

The availability of analog pins depends on the package and what other features you're using. Many analog pins are also available for other features like the UART or SPI peripherals, so if they're needed for that, you obviously couldn't use them for the ADC. A complete list of the available pin configurations appears on page 223 of the K60 Reference Manual (http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/K60P144M100SF2RM.pdf).

DMA can be used to automate the reading of ADC conversions. The ADC can be configured to generate either an interrupt request or a DMA request upon a completed conversion. The specifics for doing this are laid out in the reference manual, as are the specifics for configuring your DMA peripheral.

While I can certainly understand your hope for a quick solution to your question that uses someone else's experience, ARM chips like the K60 are not simple and require a great deal of reading/researching to fully understand. The Reference Manual (such as it is), is going to provide you with almost all of the information you're seeking, and the schematics for things like the TWR-K60D100M board from Freescale (http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/hardware_tools/schematics/TWR-K60D100M_SCH.pdf) should give you some idea of how to implement a few things.

I hope that helps,

Drew

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lijo,

I think you can test some ADC demo , and refer to the K60 reference manual check how to configuration the adc registers .

- About the demo code , you can refer to here :  Kinetis 100MHz Rev 2 Example Projects

and if you use CW IDE, under the installation directory , also have adc demo .

- About the ADC-DMA , please refer to here : Search Results: an4590.pdf  . there have a "AN4590SW"  , it is adc demo,

and the AN4590.PDF if the introduce for the demo .

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------